St Ives Harbour

St Ives Harbour
A beautiful day in St Ives

Thursday 3 July 2014

Spoilt for choice...


I am quite frequently met with that classic Cornish conundrum – which beach should I go to??! With just 10 miles separating the South Coast from the North Coast we have access to a ridiculous number of stunning beaches, coves and bays. From Porthcurno to Sennen, St Ives to Praa Sands we are spoilt for choice!
But this Sunday, as I do live in the gorgeous Marazion, I decided to stay local and go with Humphrey (our sunshine addicted dog – I think he might be solar powered!) to the beach in front of St Michaels Mount.
When we left the house the sun was shining, the flowers were blooming…


and the tide was on its way out allowing people to walk across the causeway to the mount…


It was so hot on the beach that Humphrey and I decided to settle up on the quay where we’d get more of a breeze. We had a really relaxing afternoon basking in the sun!



A couple of times I had to drag Humphrey into nearby rock pools (to his disgust)  to make him cool off – I wish I’d got a picture of that, but I think phone, dog and rock pool would have been a recipe for disaster!

It was a perfect way to spend a Sunday and I can’t emphasize enough how beautiful Marazion is!   

No comments:

Post a Comment